Jun 20, 2019
Last month my son started asking some questions… questions about sex. So it was that time to have “the talk”. I decided to record a podcast about this because I found myself so nervous and didn’t really know where or how to start. I reached out to some girlfriends that recommended some really good books that made this a lot easier.
We sat down and read, “It’s Not The Stork!” by Robie H. Harris and I just let them ask questions and reminded them that it was nothing to be embarrassed about. I think that when you have this conversation with your kids, it's important to remember that it's mostly about you and a little bit about them.
I want to hear about your experience with this and any tips you have! I definitely recorded this podcast to open up a conversation with you guys!
In this podcast:
- My son asks me a pretty funny question!
- The importance of knowing the anatomy and how to explain that to your kids
- The books that really helped me have this conversation
- How to approach this if you’re coparenting
- How I explained some of the touchy questions your kids might ask
- If they get embarrassed, what to say
Hope you guys love it!
P.S. You might hear me take a little break in the podcast to talk about something I am REALLY excited about! Check out the link below to find out!